Fields you can choose to explore include: communication, journalism, creative writing, culture and heritage, industrial design, visual communication design, architecture, landscape architecture, TESOL/FLT or international studies.
You will develop a deep knowledge of recent developments in your chosen area, as you work to produce a research thesis of up to 60,000 words, or a non-traditional research output, such as a creative work or design which addresses a research question plus accompanying critical essay.
This unique and flexible degree encourages multidisciplinary research that mirrors the dynamic nature of today’s professions and aims to give you a creative edge in your future career.
As a Higher Degree by Research (HDR), this course is covered under the Australian Government's Research Training Program (RTP) funding model, which provides a fee offset for domestic students for the standard duration of the course.
Study a Master of Applied Arts and Humanities (Research) from University of Canberra and you will:
- receive structured training in research methods
- exhibit advanced knowledge of research principles and skills appropriate to one or more fields
- be part of an exciting community of researchers and research students in a dynamic and diverse faculty
- articulate your findings to your research and industry peers
- demonstrate an ability to communicate with the community of researchers within UC and the professions to create opportunities for research cooperation.
- Arts policy analyst
- Creative writer
- Digital artist
- Cultural heritage professional
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Arts and Humanities Thesis Design
- Arts and Humanities Research
- Creative Practice Research
- Social Research Design
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArt History General Studies & Classics Liberal Arts View 21 other Masters in Art History in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Normal UC requirements for admission to a higher degree by research course. Applicants must have studied and/or have had work experience in the field in which they seek to carry out research: can be demonstrated by testamur or by portfolio of work demonstrating subject matter knowledge/experience.
CRICOS Code: 085964M
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International28000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28000 AUD per year during 24 months.
National23600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23600 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.