- The first English-language graduate level political science and international relations program in Kazakhstan.
- 2-year funded all-English MA program.
- Taught by internationally-recognized faculty drawn from North America, Europe, Africa, and Asia, with PhDs from North American or European universities Advised and actively supported by the Political Science Department of the University of Wisconsin-Madison (USA), ranked 15th nationally.
- Advanced academic training for careers in government, international organizations, academia, or other fields related to governance and policy.
- Campus with modern facilities, labs, library, sports center, housing based on need Merit-based scholarships and discounts for international students.
What will you gain?
- Strong academic, research and analytical skills: Proficiency in problem-solving approaches taken by political scientists and other social scientists.
- An understanding of the questions and theories of international relations and comparative politics.
- The ability to conduct and complete a graduate thesis utilizing social science research methods and to explain the project’s contribution to academic and applied settings.
What can you do with the MAPSIR degree?
The Political Science and International Relations program at Nazarbayev University is a great choice if you intend to pursue a career in government, academia, or other fields related to governance and policy. MAPSIR graduates go on to work for national and local governments, international organizations, and firms that interact with government agencies. The degree also offers excellent training to students who wish to pursue further graduate work at the Ph.D. level. MAPSIR graduates have found attractive jobs in various government agencies and think-tanks.
- Core Seminar in International Relations
- Core Seminar in Comparative Politics
- Advanced Research
- Core Seminar in Political Theory
- Thesis planning
- Thesis Research and Writing
- Thesis Writing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInternational Relations Public Policy Political Science View 3 other Masters in International Relations in Kazakhstan
- An undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) and a graduate/postgraduate degree (if applicable) in a relevant discipline with a minimum CGPA of 2.75 out of a 4.00.
- During the application period final year students may submit official current transcript for consideration.
- High motivation and strong interest in the Program as outlined in a personal essay (500 words);
- Strong writing skills demonstrated in an essay in response to the essay questions provided in the application form;
- Three letters of recommendation (written within the last 12 months).
International25000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25000 USD per year during 24 months.
National25000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25000 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Nur-Sultan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.