UC recognises how important it is that you are able to continue with your studies while your travel plans are temporarily put on hold due to COVID-19. For this reason, we have developed a carefully selected range of online units for our most popular degree courses, enabling you to commence your study online before transitioning to face-to-face study once travel restrictions are lifted.
Please refer to our website for detailed info regarding availability/conditions etc
Through practical field-based workshops and behind-the-scenes tours of heritage sites and collections, you will learn to investigate the condition and significance of heritage items, develop conservation and management plans for them, and carry out laboratory and on-site treatment techniques to preserve and restore them.
All units contain Indigenous cultural content as a key underpinning to theory, practice, history and contemporary social, economic and cultural issues in the cultural heritage sector.
The flexibility to develop your personal vision, interests and focus as a professional is intrinsic to the course, and progression to the Graduate Diploma in Creative and Cultural Futures and Master of Arts in Creative and Cultural Futures is available by enrolling in additional units.
Study a Graduate Certificate in Heritage Materials Conservation at University of Canberra and you will:
- apply values-based methodologies to identify the stakeholders and values that must be taken into account in conservation planning
- use observation and analysis to accurately identify heritage materials, their condition, and their responses to environmental conditions
- integrate physical data and cultural understandings to develop sustainable conservation treatment and management plans for heritage
- determine and apply appropriate preservation, conservation and restoration techniques to conserve and enhance heritage materials.
- head of heritage
- heritage consultant
- gallery manager
- indigenous heritage officer
- collections manager
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Heritage Materials and Their Environments
- The Cultural Significance of Patina
- Heritage Materials - Structure and Integrity
- Heritage Materials - Aesthetics and Stability
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Biodiversity & Conservation Environmental Sciences View 62 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students must have a bachelor degree in any field as approved by the University.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International32900 AUD/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 32900 AUD for the full programme and a duration of 6 months.
National22300 AUD/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22300 AUD for the full programme and a duration of 6 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.