Data analysis and modelling underpins all aspects of social and community development and thanks to the internet and smart phones there has been a dramatic growth in the scale and complexity of data that can be collected and analysed across industries including health care, sports, business practices, scientific discoveries and government policy.
To help process and navigate this vast and ever-growing mass of data, the industry desperately needs trained specialists who can understand and interpret vast amounts of data (big data), while providing effective and ethical ways to protect the privacy of that information.
Using a unique combination of interdisciplinary coursework, a strong background in research methodology and comprehensive training via industry-based projects (work-integrated learning), this course will uniquely position graduates of this course to become leaders in this field in either industry, the government sector or academia.
Study a Master of Data Science at University of Canberra and you will:
- Learn the knowledge and skills to read and interpret Big Data
- Become proficient using state-of-the-art industry tools
- Learn how to critically analyse databases and offer innovative solutions
- Gain practical skills working on real world issues
- Learn and apply professional ethics, teamwork, critical analysis, communication and management skills.
- Build strong industry networks
- Earn an industry recognised and respected qualification
- Be in demand
The amount of digital data being produced daily around the world is phenomenal and as such graduates of the UC Master of Data Science course can expect to find themselves in high demand in any one of the following positions.
- Data scientist
- Data engineer
- Data analyst
- Business analyst
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Regression Modelling
- Inf. Sc. Research Methodology
- Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning
- Exploratory Data Analysis and Visualisation
- Data Capture and Preparations
- Programming for Data Science
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Computer Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 133 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An Australian bachelor degree in any field or equivalent.
- Year 12 mathematics and functional knowledge of using computer systems.
CRICOS Code: 099433A
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International34100 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34100 AUD per year during 24 months.
National30000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30000 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.