On successful completion of the Public Administration degree at Nazarbayev University , graduates will be able to:
- utilize theories, research and leadership skills to examine a wide variety of private and public problems;
- analyse and evaluate how the network of agencies is organized and the interrelationships between private, public and non-profit organizations;
- analyse the impact of social, economic, political forces on private, public and non-profit institutions;
- develop management strategies, and maintain professional and ethical integrity;
- utilize the knowledge of financial, legal, marketing, and human resource issues of organizations;
- use information technology to improve organizational management and administration;
- evaluate, interpret and communicate information;
- develop problem solving and critical thinking skills.
Work after graduation
- Public sector - in government, civil service, international organizations, social research and non-profit organizations as policy analysts, policy innovators; staff members for political leaders
- Private sector - in education administration, HR and public affairs, government relations consultancy
- Advanced research – PhD in Public Policy or other overseas PhDs
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Public Administration in Theory and Practice
- Economic Applications for Public Managers
- Research Methods for Decision Making
- Strategic Management and Leadership
- Accountability, Financial and Performance Management
- Masters Project proposal
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Public Administration Public Policy View 5 other Masters in Public Policy in Kazakhstan
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- Minimum 3 years of working experience. Applicants should have attained mid- to senior level managerial position in their career stage.
- English proficiency: IELTS – minimum overall score 6.5 with no less than 6.0 in sub categories, or its TOEFL equivalent (compare your TOEFL score here).
- English language certifications are valid for 2 years prior to application deadline. At the discretion of the Admissions Committee applicants can be exempted from submitting the language proficiency test report if:
- – one of their earlier academic degrees was earned in a country with English as the language of official communication, academic instruction and daily life;
- – an undergraduate degree was earned in a program which was officially taught in English;
- – the applicant is a graduate of Nazarbayev University.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
For non-residents, the application fee for master programs - KZT 28,000
To learn more about the tuition fee applicable to this programme, please visit the university website
Merit-based scholarships available
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.