Biomedical Engineering is an interdisciplinary specialty that applies engineering principles to solve clinical problems. This discipline commonly deals with medical therapies, monitoring devices, and diagnostic tools.
On successful completion of the MSc Biomedical Engineering Society at Nazarbayev University , graduates will be able to:
- Integrate life sciences and engineering for research, development and innovation with the aim to enhance human health.
- To evaluate ideas, models and hypotheses using appropriate experimental, mathematical and statistical approaches.
- Master multiple instrumental, computational and biological techniques for experimentation and modeling.
- Think critically with the ability to appropriately analyze data originating from experiments and simulations, and to draw justifiable conclusions
- Recognize ethical issues, consider multiple points of view, and use critical ethical reasoning to determine the appropriate behavior to follow in the practice of biomedical engineering.
- Communicate effectively individually as well as in the team environment
Work after graduation
Once you have the MSc degree in Biomedical Engineering, there is a multitude of job opportunities.
For example, in the medical device industry, as a development engineer, or as a quality-management engineer. For example, you could work on the manufacture and further development of pace-makers, intraocular lenses, or endovascular stents. Alternatively, you could work for the government in a so-called Regulatory Agency which regulates the admission of new medicine and medical devices onto the market.
You can also start your own business, e.g. the production and market-launch of a medical device. You could also pursue a career in academia, e.g. start a PhD research project, work as a postdoctoral researcher at one or more foreign universities, and become an (assistant or associate) Professor.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Anatomy and Physiology for Biomedical Engineering (NUSOM)
- Research Methods and Ethics
- Technical Communication
- Advanced Applied Mathematics
- Research Seminar
- Ethics for Biomedical Engineers
- Research Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biotechnology General Engineering & Technology View 9 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Kazakhstan
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- An undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent).
- A minimum CGPA of 2.75 out of 4.0 (or equivalent).
- High level of English proficiency.
- The absolute minimum requirement for English language proficiency test reports for admission to the program is:
- Overall IELTS test score of 6.5 (with sub-scores no less than 6.0) or the equivalent TOEFL score as posted on the ETS website;
- A curriculum vitae.
- Two letters of recommendation.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Application fee: 28 000 KZT (about 80 USD)
To learn more about the tuition fee applicable to this programme, please visit the university website
Scholarships for International Students are available
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.