It provides students with an academic but highly practical understanding of those areas considered most important by art world professionals and employers: finance and management; law and ethics; and global art market dynamics.
- The MA in Art Business at Sotheby's Institute of Art provides students with the necessary theories and skills to enable them to develop both a critical and practical understanding of art business.
- Students are also equipped with the necessary mathematical skills to enable them to engage in sophisticated financial analysis and business planning. Graduates of this program will thus emerge with the ability to place the art object within both its aesthetic and commercial context, and to discuss the legal/ethical implications of its historical provenance and current location.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The MA in Art Business was the first program of its kind and our innovative curriculum continues to set the industry standard.
- The Master’s degree is awarded for 120 taught credits across two semesters, as well as the completion of a 60-credit dissertation over the course of an additional semester. The program is of twelve months’ duration.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Finance Liberal Arts View 748 other Masters in Business Administration in United Kingdom
- Academic transcripts/mark sheets: from all undergraduate and post-secondary academic institutions attended.
- Two (2) letters of reference: References from an academic or professional contact. For those candidates with work experience, at least one reference should be professional.
- A personal statement (1,000 words maximum): Please tell us about yourself, your reasons for your choice of program, any relevant academic or art related experience, and your future career goals.
- A writing sample: A graded paper of no fewer than 1,000 words from an art history or art-related course or 1,000-word original essay or mock review written for an art publication or website. Footnotes are required for any citations.
- A curriculum vitae or résumé.
- An English language proficiency exam.
International32700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32700 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA27400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27400 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- UK/EU: MA total: £27,700 / PG Dip total: £22,200
- Non-UK/EU: MA total: £33,200 / PG Dip total: £26,500
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.