The programme is also available as a Postgraduate Certificate - see details below.
With a short orientation seminar to launch the course, five online modules, and a dissertation, our programme is designed for part-time study over two years. We also offer opportunities to base your coursework and dissertation project on issues within your own educational or professional context. Programme content considers the major developments in language testing in recent years and reflects current thinking and good practice.
Lancaster University’s Language Testing (Distance) programme starts with the orientation seminar in late September and runs over two academic years, ending with submission of dissertations in September two years later. Each taught module lasts one academic term.
The five modules are usually taken in this sequence:1. Language Test Construction and Evaluation2. Exploring Language Constructs for Language Testing3. Issues in Language Testing4. Research Issues in Applied Linguistics5. Statistical Analysis for Language Testing
The part-time, web-based programme aims to provide flexibility so that you can study alongside work and personal commitments. We follow sound pedagogical principles for the provision of distance education and provide individualised support and feedback to each student.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Language Test Construction and Evaluation (distance)
- Exploring Language Constructs for Language Testing (distance)
- Issues in Language Testing (distance)
- Research Issues in Applied Linguistics (distance)
- Statistical Analysis for Language Testing (distance)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Most courses do not have a deadline for application, we recommend that you apply as early as possible as some courses do fill up and close applications early.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 71 other Masters in Languages in United Kingdom
- 2:1 Hons degree (UK or equivalent) in a language/linguistics related degree or one with a number of language/linguistics-related subjects. We may also consider non-standard applicants, please contact us for details.
- You will need to have three years of teaching experience and a current post with responsibility for language test design, construction and evaluation. We may consider alternative language teaching or testing backgrounds.
International9680 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9680 GBP per year during 24 months.
National4690 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4690 GBP per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.