The subject matter is interdisciplinary, derived from psychology, sociology, social policy, law and social work studies.
The Social Work course from The Open University UK includes an embedded, professionally-qualifying Postgraduate Diploma in Social Work which, subject to meeting the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registration requirements, is a qualifying award for social workers in England and, subject to conditions, in Scotland by the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC).
Key features of the course
- Includes a residential weekend, face-to-face workshops, two work-based placements and a project that will be of immediate benefit to your practice
- Equips you to engage in critical and reflective professional practice, according to the Standards for social work education and Codes of Practice and Conduct for the nation in which you train
- Explores ways to share your improved practice more widely
This is a broad qualification spanning children and families, adults and mental health social work and prepares graduates to work in a range of settings including local authorities, healthcare providers and the private, voluntary and independent sector.
On successful completion of the embedded Postgraduate Diploma in Social Work, you will become eligible to apply for registration as a qualified social worker in England, and subject to condition, in Scotland.
- Developing social work practice
- Advancing social work practice
- Transforming professional practice
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesSocial Work Public Policy View 22 other Masters in Public Policy in United Kingdom
- Applicants will be required to have an honours degree with a minimum 2:2 classification in any discipline together with a proven record of experience of engaging directly with Service Users in a professional setting.
- Candidates’ experience will be considered individually on application but we would normally expect a minimum of one year's experience – either paid or voluntary – in a setting such as a local authority or a health or social care provider in the private, voluntary or independent sector.
National9460 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9460 GBP per module and a duration of 30 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!