With the MSc in Brain and Behaviour at the Liverpool John Moores University you will gain advanced knowledge of the neural, pharmacological and physiological mechanisms underlying behaviour and the approaches used to study them.
- Explore brain and behaviour presented in a holistic and neuroscientific context, covering a broad range of topics
- Study on a course taught by research-active staff who are experts in their field
- Gain practical experience with cutting edge neuroscientific techniques
- Acquire skills, knowledge and practical experience directly relevant to a research career
- Enjoy both research- and student-led learning methods
- Conduct a research project covering the full ‘research arc’ from study conception to dissemination
Neuroscientific research aims to understand healthy brain function as well as disorders of brain and behaviour in both humans and animals. As a relatively new field of study, which has only been recognised in its own right since the 20th century, it has benefited greatly in recent decades from novel technologies and has diverse applications including education, law and artificial intelligence.
Our applied learning techniques and strong industry connections ensure our students are fully prepared for the workplace on graduation and understand how to apply their knowledge in a real world context.
You will acquire acquire the skills to pursue a research career as a university academic or in research departments in the private sector, such as the pharmaceutical industry or consumer goods industry.
- Research Methods and Statistics
- Current Methods in Brain and Behaviour
- Somatosensory Systems
- Applied Neuroscience
- Cognitive Neuroscience
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Organisational Behaviour Neuroscience View 1039 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
- a minimum 2.2 or above in a relevant scientific discipline, such as Psychology, Biology, Zoology, Neurobiology/Neuroscience or Animal Behaviour.
- equivalent professional qualifications and experience
International17400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8925 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8925 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Liverpool
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.