- University of Southern Denmark
- Danish Institute for Human Rights
- Birzeit University
- L'universite Internationale de Rabat
- Universite de Carthage
Our aim is to support the next generation of experts, academics and practitioners and to give them the practical experience needed for building up their professional career and academic activities.
The Arab Master's programme in conjunction with the Institute of Political Science at Saint Joseph University offers a master's degree in Democracy and Human Rights.
Saint-Joseph University of Beirut (USJ) received the unconditional accreditation by European educational accreditation institute ACQUIN in 2019
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Democracy and Rights
- Governance, Rule of Law and Constitutional Process
- International Relations and the Global System of Human Rights Protection
- Political Transitions to Democracy
- Applied Research in Democracy and Human Rights I. Field Trip on Refugee Issues
- Applied Research in Democracy and Human Rights II. Project Development and Implementation
The curriculum prepares participants for working in national, international, governmental, inter-governmental and non-governmental organisations as well as research institutions dealing with human rights and democratization
Students are taught by leading academics representing ARMA partner universities, experts and representatives of international organisations and NGOs, while studying in a multicultural environment.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 10 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
The deadline of the first call is April 6th, and that of the second call is June 6th.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies International Relations Philosophy & Ethics View 3 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Lebanon
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- In order to apply you need to fill out the online Application Form. It includes a letter of intention explaining your interest in the programme and your career ambitions
- A transcript of grades of your diplomas (Bacherlor degree and, when applicable, post-graduate degree)
- A copy of your diploma (High School diploma, Bachelor degree and, when applicable, post-graduate degree)
- A copy of your passport
- A CV
- A digital photo
- Two letters of recommendation (at least one should be academic)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International67 EUR/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 67 EUR per credit during 10 months.
National67 EUR/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 67 EUR per credit during 10 months.
Tuition fee is based on 60 credits per year
Students might need to take extra courses depending on prior academic background and this increase the tuition fees.
Living costs for Beirut
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The Arab Master in Democracy and Human Rights (ARMA ) offers financial support in the form of a partial contribution towards living expenses and/or a full or partial tuition waiver. This type of financial support is awarded to a limited number of students according to the ranking of the candidate provided by the selection committee on the basis of academic achievement, need and geographical distribution.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.