You'll learn about the various procurement options available in the UK and internationally, and develop approaches that seek to maximise client value, minimise costs and deliver construction projects to the required standards. Through module and project work, you’ll explore construction law, technology and management and have the opportunity to source and gain real work experience on our Industrial or Professional Experience optional module.
This Quantity Surveying course from Nottingham Trent University is aimed at professionals and graduates wishing to pursue a career in quantity surveying. It is also suitable for those wishing to ultimately pursue a career in construction project management, or construction management, through a quantity surveying route. It is suitable for prospective students who don't necessarily have a background in construction.
This course can act as a route into quantity surveying or construction management for non-cognate professionals and graduates wishing to make a career change, or with a non-construction related qualification.
Careers and employability
This course provides an opportunity for graduates and professionals from disciplines unrelated to real estate and construction, to embark on a professional career in quantity surveying.
- Law for Construction
- Construction Business and Enterprise
- Advanced Construction Technology
- Procurement and Cost
- Professional Practice and Procedure for Quantity Surveying
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We would recommend applying as soon as you are able as we may close the course if it is full.
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Patent & Intellectual Property Law Sociology View 309 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
- 2:2 honours degree in a subject unrelated, or partially related, to property and construction, or
- Corporate membership of an appropriate professional body which has been approved for this purpose by the University, preferably alongside industry experience at managerial level, or
- An alternative approved professional qualification, together with appropriate industrial experience at senior managerial level in business, commerce or industry.
International15850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15850 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Nottingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.