Would you like to know more about our master programmes and discover all the opportunities offered by Iscte Business School? Then, don't miss the live webinar on master applications! It will take place on January 28, from 12:00 - 13:00 (GMT) - Register Now!
7 Reasons for Choosing the Master in Economics at Iscte Business School
1. Don’t miss the opportunity of being part of one of the most reputed Economics programs in Europe
- Ranked 35th in its category, among the Top 200 Best Masters Programmes, in Western Europe in 2018/2019 (Eduniversal Ranking)
2. Learn from the best methodologies and software
- Interact regularly with reputed practitioners who will offer their vision and experience in a series of workshops aimed at discussing and analyzing economics topics;
- You will be challenged to understand complex current and future economic issues that affect everyone’s livelihood;
- You will build the skills needed to contribute to economic debates and policy choices;
- You will learn to handle advanced modeling techniques and use computational software which is integrated into regular classes (for example MATLAB, R, STATA);
- You will have access to a comprehensive databases that will support you on your thesis and research.
3. Benefit from a reputed faculty, with a rigorous learning style
- The faculty of Iscte Business School has authored more than 100 books in different management disciplines, many of which are now required reading at other Portuguese universities;
- There is a close working relationship between students and faculty and students benefit from weekly contact hours, continual email contact and a sustained relationship with the faculty throughout their professional lives;
- Both semesters in the first year provide solid foundations in the core subjects (microeconomics, macroeconomics and econometrics) and equip you with the tools of economic analysis while allowing the choice of 3 electives, either in the field, or in one of the following thematic areas: Computing and Modelling for Economics and Business; Banking, and Financial and Monetary Markets; and Regulation and Markets.
4. Thrive in a welcoming culture where personal development and creativity are encouraged
- Participate on the personal development programme (PdP) that enables students to discover their leadership qualities and creativity;
- The welcome week allows you to engage in networking, team-building and idea-sharing from day one of the course. This spirit is reinforced year-round with a host of other activities;
- Mentoring program - with their mentors, students have the opportunity to discuss their academic progress and career prospects, and benefit from their recognized professional experience;
5. See your merit recognized and rewarded throughout the program
- Award for the best MSc in Economics Student (sponsored by Ernst & Young)
- Award for the best candidates
6. A truly international outlook
- Study trip to Frankfurt, which encompasses an academic institution and the European Central Bank;
- Possibility of doing a Double Degree - it allows students to graduate with two diplomas from two Universities (Iscte and a partner university). For the Msc in Economics, the partner universities are:
- Southwestern University of Finance and Economics - China (EQUIS accredited)
- Warsaw University in Poland (AMBA accredited).
- Possibility of doing an exchange / Erasmus program with our partner universities.
7. Get excited with the program’s career prospects
- Our career services will support you with counselling, access to opportunities, the IBS Career Forum and presentations in class by companies;
- Professional placements for MSc in Economics graduates are excellent, as this degree gives you access to most job opportunities that arise in economics, finance and management - employment rate of 100% up to 12 months after completion of Programme;
- The sectors most represented in the recruit of master's graduates are Audit & Consulting, Banking, Large Distribution & Retail and Telecommunications;
- Close contact with a large pool of successful alumni now working for high-profile national and international companies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Econometric Methods
- Economic Growth
- Games and Contract Theory
- History of Economic Thought
- Econometric Methods II
- Research Seminar in Economics I
- Research Seminar in Economics II
A wide range of courses is available to complement the core course modules. However, students may add a supplement to their Master's diploma, in the thematic area Computing and Modelling for Economics and Business, by choosing the following electives:
- Applied Economic Modelling
- Computing for Economics and Business
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Econometrics View 8 other Masters in Econometrics in Portugal
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
This master is designed for high-caliber students and taught in English, in a multicultural environment. Therefore, candidates should have proficiency in the English language.
Applications are exclusively submitted online, on Iscte’s website. On the online application form, candidates will have to type in some information (e.g. regarding education, work experience, motivation, etc.) and upload the following documents:
- Diploma/Transcript of Records from the bachelor's degree awarded by a university or institution of higher education;
- ID card/Passport;
- Results of GMAT or GRE exams (optional).
Candidates still concluding their bachelor degree must also add:
- Declaration of Commitment (download available on the application form);
- Transcript of Records with current grading.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9800 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEA2250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Lisbon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.