7 Reasons for Choosing the Master in Economics at Iscte Business School
1. Don’t miss the opportunity of being part of one of the most reputed Economics programs in Europe
- Ranked 35th in its category, among the Top 200 Best Masters Programmes, in Western Europe in 2018/2019 (Eduniversal Ranking)
2. Learn from the best methodologies and software
- Interact regularly with reputed practitioners who will offer their vision and experience in a series of workshops aimed at discussing and analyzing economics topics;
- You will be challenged to understand complex current and future economic issues that affect everyone’s livelihood;
- You will build the skills needed to contribute to economic debates and policy choices;
- You will learn to handle advanced modeling techniques and use computational software which is integrated into regular classes (for example MATLAB, R, STATA);
- You will have access to a comprehensive databases that will support you on your thesis and research.
3. Benefit from a reputed faculty, with a rigorous learning style
- The faculty of Iscte Business School has authored more than 100 books in different management disciplines, many of which are now required reading at other Portuguese universities;
- There is a close working relationship between students and faculty and students benefit from weekly contact hours, continual email contact and a sustained relationship with the faculty throughout their professional lives;
- Both semesters in the first year provide solid foundations in the core subjects (microeconomics, macroeconomics and econometrics) and equip you with the tools of economic analysis while allowing the choice of 3 electives, either in the field, or in one of the following thematic areas: Computing and Modelling for Economics and Business; Banking, and Financial and Monetary Markets; and Regulation and Markets.
4. Thrive in a welcoming culture where personal development and creativity are encouraged
- Participate on the personal development programme (PdP) that enables students to discover their leadership qualities and creativity;
- The welcome week allows you to engage in networking, team-building and idea-sharing from day one of the course. This spirit is reinforced year-round with a host of other activities;
- Mentoring program - with their mentors, students have the opportunity to discuss their academic progress and career prospects, and benefit from their recognized professional experience;
5. See your merit recognized and rewarded throughout the program
- Award for the best MSc in Economics Student (sponsored by Ernst & Young)
- Award for the best candidates (waiver of the 1st year's tuition fee - 20%, 40% or 100%)
6. A truly international outlook
- Study trip to Frankfurt, which encompasses an academic institution and the European Central Bank;
- Possibility of doing a Double Degree - it allows students to graduate with two diplomas from two Universities (Iscte and a partner university). For the Msc in Economics, the partner universities are:
- Possibility of doing an exchange / Erasmus program with our partner universities.
7. Get excited with the program’s career prospects
- Our career services will support you with counselling, access to opportunities, the IBS Career Forum and presentations in class by companies;
- Professional placements for MSc in Economics graduates are excellent, as this degree gives you access to most job opportunities that arise in economics, finance and management - employment rate of 100% up to 12 months after completion of Programme;
- The sectors most represented in the recruit of master's graduates are Audit & Consulting, Banking, Large Distribution & Retail and Telecommunications;
- Close contact with a large pool of successful alumni now working for high-profile national and international companies.
Want to know more? Get in touch with your Program Manager!
- Tel.:(+351) 210 464 211
More informationVisit official programme website
- Econometric Methods
- Games and Contract Theory
- Economic Growth
- History of Economic Thought
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEconomics Econometrics View 4 other Masters in Econometrics in Portugal
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Diploma/Transcript of Records from the bachelor's degree awarded by a university or institution of higher education;
- ID card/Passport
- Proficiency in the English language (optional);
- The results of GMAT or GRE exam (optional)
International9800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9800 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA4500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4500 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.