This Pharmacology courses from Nottingham Trent University is ideal if you:
- are a recently qualified undergraduate and are looking for the professional skills needed to obtain a job in a pharmaceutical company
- are working in an organisation and want a masters-level qualification to give you a competitive edge
- require the skills and experience needed to study for a research degree
- are an international student who would like to study abroad
- would like a course delivered by experienced research academics, with the possibility of completing a research project in industry
- want to use cutting-edge facilities to develop your own learning and research.
Careers and employability
This course provides the professional skills, experience and knowledge necessary to pursue a wide range of careers within the field of pharmacology. It encourages students to be aware of the link between molecular cell biology and pharmacological approaches in drug development and the treatment of disease.
Graduates are also well-versed in the ethical issues surrounding drug development and usage and their impact on business making them a valuable addition to any company.
The Sandwich-route course offers you the opportunity to take a one-year placement or several smaller placements. If you start this course in September / October then you will complete your placement following your taught modules and research project. If you start in January you will complete one term of taught modules and your project then go on placement before returning to NTU for your final term of modules.
Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Practice
To qualify for the additional qualification of Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Practice (PGDIPP) you must submit a work placement portfolio which includes a placement diary, reflective report and updated CV, as well as deliver an oral presentation on your placement experience.
Help and support
We will work closely with you to help you strengthen your CV and interview techniques. During the placement year, an academic member of staff will visit at least twice to check on your progress and offer any advice.
- Cell Biology and Physiology
- Biology of Disease
- Research Methods and Bioethics
- Techniques in Macromolecular Analysis
- Research Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Whilst there is no official deadline, we encourage you to apply as early as possible - bearing in mind the start date shown on your course of interest.
DisciplinesPharmacy View 163 other Masters in Pharmacy in United Kingdom
- A UK honours degree (minimum 2.2) or equivalent in a relevant discipline such as Biochemistry, Biology, Pharmacology or Pharmacy
- Applicants with relevant employment experience or other relevant qualifications will also be considered
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.