We will support your creative thinking and experimentation, helping you to develop your research and practice, leading to the development of new or smart design concepts, fabrications and prototypes. Our extensive textile design facilities will give you the opportunity to use a range of traditional and computerised technologies.
- Work alongside other MA Fashion, Textiles and Knitwear Design students in our dedicated postgraduate studio
- Have access to a wide range of traditional and digital textile design equipment, including laser cutting, multi-head embroidery, screen, digital and 3D printing, Jacquard weaving, and Shima Seiki and Stoll power knitting
- Benefit from the professional expertise of our academic staff, researchers and visiting designers such as Orsola de Castro, Dr. Katherine Townsend, Karen Nicol, Kit Miles, Lisa Salama, Hannah Croft, Angharad Mclaren, Jo Cope, and Moxham
- Work with fellow students, practitioners and academic staff from different cultures and backgrounds
- Have the opportunity to visit London and join European study trips to Florence, Antwerp and Paris
- Take advantage of our excellent industry links
- Be selected to exhibit at New Designers in London and have an opportunity to be selected for TexSelect (formerly Texprint)
Careers and employability
This Textile Design Innovation course from Nottingham Trent University leads to a wide range of career opportunities including:
- textile designer
- production manager
- trend forecasting
- styling for fashion and interior textile companies
You could also work for brands developing innovative design and wearable technologies. Some graduates use this course to support careers in teaching, lecturing, journalism and progression to MPhil or PhD study.
Recent graduates have set up their own successful businesses, or work within related careers in the fashion and textile design sector. Others have returned to their previous job with a renewed focus and enhanced career prospects.
If you are interested in starting your own creative business, the University provides start-up training and support through The Hive, our centre for entrepreneurship and enterprise.
- Textile Design Innovation
- Optional research module
- Advanced Art and Design Research
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- You can apply for this course throughout the year, but we'd recommend that applications should be received by the end of July for entry in September.
DisciplinesDesign Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design View 126 other Masters in Fashion Design in United Kingdom
- 2.2 honours degree in a related subject.
- Applicants with non-standard entry qualifications and / or relevant work experience will be considered on an individual basis.
- a creative portfolio.
International15850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15850 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8800 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Nottingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.