The LLM Legal Practice DL from Nottingham Trent University is available to individuals who have either undertaken and passed the UK Legal Practice Course (LPC), the Bar Professional Practice Course (BPTC), their precursors, equivalent professional certifications in non-UK jurisdictions, or the Qualified Lawyers Transfer Scheme certification (QLTS).
The course will also count Acquired Prior Experiential Learning (APEL), which in this case must be no less than 2 years verified professional experience as a qualified legal professional which can account for two-thirds of the LLM. Students will then 'top up' these credit points with a dissertation or article, studied and completed by distance learning, to gain the LLM degree. APEL accreditation is awarded solely at the discretion of the Course Leader.
Careers and employability
This course will demonstrate your academic ability and showcase your knowledge of more specialised aspects of legal practice.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Online Induction
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
DisciplinesLegal Studies View 112 other Masters in Legal Studies in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants should have successfully completed either the Legal Practice Course (LPC), or the Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC), their precursors, or equivalent.
- Applications from members of other legal professions will also be considered with proof of a professional qualification.
- Applicants with Accredited Prior Experiential Learning of at least two years of verifiable legal professional experience (a form will be provided upon request).
- Applications by legal professionals from other jurisdictions with non-UK legal professional qualifications equivalent to the LPC or BPTC or verifiable APEL.
- Applicants who have been certified by the Qualified Lawyer Transfer Scheme.
International2270 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2270 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2270 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2270 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.