Using sophisticated analytics techniques, including social network visualisation and sentiment analysis, and professional software, including R tidyverse, Python, C# and SQL/NoSQL, studying this MSc Data Science and Business Analytics programme offered at University of Plymouth , you gain the skills and knowledge to transform data into commercial value and boost your employability.
- Equips applicants from all undergraduate degrees with broad professional competence in one of the world economy’s most sought-after postgraduate subject areas.
- Offers an equal number of taught credits in the three areas of analytics, computer science and business, with a wide choice of available business modules.
- Provides a flexible individual project in one or more of the three taught areas supervised by world-leading subject experts.
- Establishes high proficiency in the use and application of state-ofthe-art programming languages including R, Python, C#, SQL and NoSQL.
- Benefits from easy access to cutting-edge specialist labs and next-generation software and hardware on a single campus. You may access facilities such as our NVIDIA seed-funded GPU Research Centre and our High-Performance Computing Centre.
- Develops modern analytics expertise for obtaining business, scientific and social insights from big data sources and social media such as Twitter.
- Enjoy research-led teaching from leading academics with world-renowned expertise in data science, data analytics, statistics, computer science and business.
- Offers a range of general and merit-based postgraduate scholarships for local and international students.
Careers with this subject:
You are in a prime position to pursue a wide variety of prestigious and extremely well-rewarded positions, which include, but are not restricted to: data analyst and data manager, research and business analyst, social media and business strategist, data scientist and data engineer.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Software Development and Databases
Non-Relational Databases in a Big Data Environment
Modelling and Analytics for Data Science
Big Data and Social Network Visualization
Contemporary Issues in Data Science
MSc Dissertation and Research Skills
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMarketing Business Intelligence & Analytics View 462 other Masters in Marketing in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A 2:2 honours degree, or equivalent, in any discipline.
- We welcome applicants with international qualifications.
- If English is not your mother tongue 6.5 IELTS with a minimum of 5.5 in any element in a secure English language test.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16700 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National10200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10200 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Part time (Home) - £550 per 10 credits.
Living costs for Plymouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.