The Master in Health Economics, Policy, and Management at University of Oslo offers specializations which will give you first hand knowledge in the following fields: Health economics; Health management; Economic evaluation.In addition to the specialization courses the HEPAM offers a broad range of elective courses and seminars.
The research at the Department is highly relevant and is much used in national and international decision-making processes.
Knowledge of health economics, policy and management is in demand all over the world, on local and national levels. Internship and exchange throughout the study programme will further give you opportunities to develop networks in Norway and abroad.
Research in health economics focuses on:
- Economic analyses of health policies
- Effects of economic incentives
- Determinants of hospital efficiency
- Factors behind the demand for health services
- Labour markets for health personnel
The health management research field focuses on:
- The organization, management and politics of health care
- Clinical leadership and management
- Quality of health care
- Historical and ethical topics
- Changes in leadership and organizational culture
More informationVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Health Economics
- Fundamentals of statistics
- Fundamentals of Health Care Systems
- Fundamentals of Health Law
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
DisciplinesEconomics Health Sciences View 16 other Masters in Economics in Norway
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Scan of non-Norwegian passport or ID card
- Documentation of English language proficiency
- Documentation of completed upper secondary education
- Final bachelor's degree diploma(s)/certificate(s)
- Transcript of records for your bachelor's degree
- Degree/ relevant courses to be completed - Only applicable for Nordic and EU/EEA/Swiss Citizens and applicants with a permanent or renewable residence permit in Norway
- Final degree diploma and transcript of records
- Documentation of financing (if applicable)
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.