The Mathematical Science programme from Maynooth University provides a solid foundation in Theoretical Physics, Applied Mathematics and Pure Mathematics for students who wish to pursue careers in science, engineering, commerce and technology.
Graduates gain employment in a wide range of occupations including research, teaching, actuary, banking, software development, computational physics and computer modelling/simulation. Students who perform well may go on to the PhD programme.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computational Physics
- Mathematical Methods (Differential Equations and Complex Analysis )
- Groups and Their Representations
- Quantum Field Theory
- Differential Geometry
- Reading Course
- High-Performance Computing
- Solid State Physics
- Advanced Electromagnetism
- Particle Physics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Financial Mathematics View 19 other Masters in Mathematics in Ireland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Candidates for MSc in Mathematical Science will normally be expected to have at least a Second Class Honours Grade 1 in Theoretical/Mathematical Physics, Mathematics or a related discipline.
- Applicants must have a recognised primary degree which is considered equivalent to Irish university primary degree level.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA6600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6600 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Maynooth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.