As a mark of the high-quality teaching and content on the course, our Translation MA has been awarded a membership of the European Master’s in Translation, a prestigious label delivered by the European Commission’s Directorate-General for Translation. This will give you an internationally recognised qualification that will make you stand out from the competition. You will also benefit from access to traineeships at the Directorate-General for Translation (European Commission).
This Master's Translation at London Metropolitan University has a vocational emphasis on specialist translation, focusing on areas such as law, politics, medicine, business, IT and media. You will also learn to translate different types of institutional documents (UN and EU), as well as use dedicated software to subtitle films and localise websites and software.
After the course
This course will prepare you for different professions in the translation industry (translator, translation project manager, editor, proof-reader, localiser, subtitling). Graduates of this course have become freelance translators or in-house translators in EU and international institutions, multinational companies, news corporations, NGOs, government bodies and many more.
Some of our graduates also go on to further advanced study with a PhD.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Characteristics of Specialised Texts
- Independent Research Project
- Independent Translation Project
- The Translator and the Specialised Text
- The Translator and the Translation Process
- Translation Tools and the Translator
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
You are advised to apply as early as possible as applications will only be considered if there are places available on the course.
DisciplinesLanguages Translation & Interpreting View 101 other Masters in Translation & Interpreting in United Kingdom
- a first degree at 2:1 or above in translation, interpreting, modern languages or a related field (applications from candidates with a second class degree or from non-language based disciplines will be considered but an entry test will be required. Applicants with substantial work experience in translation but no first degree will also be considered)
- native knowledge of the native language
- near-native proficiency in the first foreign language
- good command of the second foreign language (if applicable)
- two references, one of which must be an academic reference
- a first degree certificate and mark transcript
International13750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13750 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
National9300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9300 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- UK: £1,035 per 20 credits
- International: £1,530 per 20 credits
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.