You can also study from your home or any location around the world with this online course. Meaning you won't have to be present on campus, and you can still attend to your other responsibilities and work commitments.
Focused on the shipping sector, this unique distance-learning programme will:
- allow you to independently research and develop an expert understanding of an area of maritime law of your choice
- improve both your research and independent study skills
- enhance your ability to develop critical arguments
Where this course can take you
Your newly acquired knowledge and research skills will allow you to apply for legal practitioner and other related roles in the maritime sector's legal sphere.
Because the course encourages focus on one special area of research, our graduates have also been able to move into highly specialised positions within international trade and the maritime industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- LLM in Maritime Law Top-Up Dissertation - This module is a supervised research-based dissertation in a relevant subject of the student’s own choice, subject to the approval of the Course Directors.
- The dissertation module comprises support and interactive ‘one to one’ supervision between students and supervisors. The minimal expectation for contact between student and supervisor is around 5 hours, but this can be greater depending on the individual dissertation and specific needs of the supervisor.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We recommend that you submit your application to us as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
DisciplinesInternational Law Legal Studies View 82 other Masters in International Law in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
You will be required to have:
- passed the Maritime Law Postgraduate Diploma at one of the following institutions: London Metropolitan University, Lloyd’s Maritime Academy or World Maritime University.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3975 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3975 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National3975 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3975 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.