The Wave Physics and Acoustics programme at Le Mans Université is dedicated for high level students with diverse educational backgrounds (including e.g. Bachelor Degrees in physics, mechanical/ electrical engineering, material science and acoustics), who wish to pursue an international career in academia or in leading companies.
It is an international Master's program with an excellent scientific training, and a careful choice of state-of-the-art research lectures, in direct relation to the latest research findings of the international scientific community (e.g. topological acoustics, machine learning in acoustic emission, metamaterials…).
Funded by IA-GS, this program offers excellence scholarships, international mobility grants, dedicated students’ spaces (Fablab, reconfigurable work place, openlab...).
Advanced lectures on waves by international invited experts will also be delivered in the curriculum (gravitational waves, X-ray micro-tomography, solitons in Bose-Einstein condensates, metamaterials…)
- Prepare international students to research in advanced Wave Physics
- Offer high level lectures from international experts on a wide spectrum of topics in Wave Physics (e.g. gravitational waves, x-ray micro-tomography, nonlinear optics, …)
- Acquire most research skills as identified by e.g. Vitae Researcher Development Framework
- Learning through research projects in the lab as part of a research team of LAUM
To guarantee the proper integration of the students and monitor their progress, each of them will benefit from a unique and individual supervision by a CNRS research scientist or a faculty member, recognized in his/her discipline, who will monitor the progress of the student and guide him/her in the construction of a personalized curriculum according to his/her scientific objectives and interests.
At the end of each semester, the student will present a progress report and discuss his/her project with his/her supervisor. The selection of the mentor will be based on the background and the research interests of each student, and will be validated by the Graduate School Steering Committee.
- Physics of Waves
- Maths and numerical methods for waves / Signal Processing
- Physical Acoustics
- Introduction to research, tools and methods for research
- Elastic waves, vibrations and introduction to nonlinear waves
- Training to international research, projects, research internship and thesis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
More informationGo to the programme website
DisciplinesPhysics Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 53 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in France
- To apply to this international Master program, a bachelor Degree is mandatory, in the following fields: physics, mechanical/ electrical engineering, material science, acoustics.
- A selection committee will evaluate the applications and select the students on the basis of the Bachelor results, matching of the profile with the Master’s program and motivation.
International333 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 333 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA333 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 333 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
For French and European student:
- The registration fee, required to enrol in the program: €243
- The Student & Campus life contribution "CVEC": €90
You can apply for a grant/scholarship awarded on the basis of social criteria. There is other assistance available: one-off financial assistance, merit assistance, specific assistance. Students can benefit from the following:
- grant/scholarship based on social criteria
- specific annual assistance (ASAA)
- merit-based grant/scholarship
- accommodation run by the CROUS
- The student rental payments guarantee (CLÉ)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.