The imperative for business development and innovation in challenging times is the key to business growth and economic recovery. The overall aim of the Business Development and Innovation degree offered at Ulster University, therefore, is to provide an academically challenging, intellectually stimulating programme of study that educates, develops and enhances the professional competence of participants. In short, a course with a strong theoretical underpinning and relevant practical application.
Within this broad aim, the specific objectives of the course are to:
- Provide an advanced study of business and management with particular reference to business development and innovation;
- Prepare and/or develop students for a career in business development and innovation by facilitating the development of enhanced transferable skills at a professional or equivalent level, or as preparation for research or further study in the area;
- Develop students’ ability to apply knowledge and critical understanding of business development and innovation to complex issues, both systematically and creatively, to improve organisations and business practice;
- Enhance students’ lifelong learning skills and personal development in order to work with self-direction and originality and to contribute to business and society at large.
The course provides the foundation for opportunities in a wide range of careers, across a number of business areas. These include, for example, business development, strategy, innovation, business analysis, research, and consultancy.
The course also helps develop competencies for career change/progression, while also providing the necessary tools to enable participants to set up their own business.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Strategy for Business Development
- Management Research
- Creativity and Innovation
- Innovation in Practice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration International Development View 313 other Masters in International Development in United Kingdom
- Applicants must hold a degree with at least 2:2 Honours standard or equivalent.
- Exceptionally, applicants who do not possess academic qualifications at the appropriate level but have substantial relevant work experience may be considered for admittance in accordance with the Faculty’s Accreditation of Prior Learning policy.
EU/EEA7530 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7530 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Northern Ireland & EU: £7,530.00
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.