Museum Practice and Management degree offered at Ulster University draws upon the expectations of the museum standards programmes in UK and Ireland and present these within an international context. Lectures include points of discussion on key issues concerning the museum profession globally. Tutors are either lecturers in Ulster University or senior staff in the museum sector.
The majority of the students on this programme are working the museum or related sectors. Often these students want to learn more about museum practice and theory. Others are keen to enter the sector and the programme provides invaluable learning. Such students gain a lot from discussion with their peers and tutors. In addition, the Course Director can advise you on finding a work placement in a museum.Work placement / study abroad
On request, we work with students and local museums or heritage properties to arrange work placements.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Museums and Culture: Policies and Values
- Management and Strategy for the Museum
- Communication and Learning in Museums
- Collections Care and Management
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesInnovation Management Museum Studies View 6 other Masters in Innovation Management in United Kingdom
- MA: You should preferably hold a good honours degree in a relevant discipline.
- Exceptionally, candidates who do not satisfy these requirements may, by virtue of relevant experience or learning, be admitted. Students who satisfactorily complete the Postgraduate Diploma at the required level will automatically be considered for progress to the MA. An interview may form part of the application process.
International14480 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14480 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA6080 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6080 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.