Diet and nutrition significantly affect sport and exercise performance. The food and fluid which an athlete consumes before, during and after training and competition affects health and body composition, as well as performance in, and recovery from the effects of exercise. Sound knowledge of sport and exercise nutrition can therefore ensure a healthy balance between exercise and diet for a range of athletes, from amateur to elite levels within different sports.
Sport and Exercise Nutrition degree offered at Ulster University provides a postgraduate pathway for graduates who are interested in pursuing a career in the area of sport and exercise nutrition. As an accredited course, the programme achieves the competencies required for graduate registration with the British Dietetic Association (BDA) Sport and Exercise Nutrition Register (SENr) meaning those students graduating with the PgDip/MSc are automatically eligible to register with the SENr as a graduate registrant.
Career options within sport and exercise nutrition are expanding and include becoming a freelance sports nutritionist/performance nutritionist or working with sporting/government organisations. Professional Recognition as an accredited course, the programme achieves the competencies required for graduate registration with the British Dietetic Association (BDA) Sport and Exercise Nutrition Register (SENr) meaning those students graduating with the PgDip/MSc are automatically eligible to register with the SENr as a graduate registrant, and following appropriate professional experience graduates are encouraged to pursue full registration.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Evidence-Based Practice in Healthcare Sciences
- Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism
- Nutritional Assessment, Recommendations and Requirements
- Sport-Specific Nutrition Issues
- Research Methods and Biostatistics for Food and Nutrition
- Practical Sports Nutrition
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences Sports Sciences View 382 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- Applicants must hold a degree or equivalent in a related discipline (for example – BSc Honours in Biochemistry, Dietetics, Food and Nutrition, Human Nutrition, Physiology, Sport and Exercise Science, Sports Science or other relevant degree discipline) or demonstrate their ability to undertake the course through the accreditation of prior experiential learning.
International14480 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14480 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA6080 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6080 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.