The programme combines conceptual learning with independent research and project-based work. A key strength of this programme is its flexibility, which allows you to create a portfolio of courses based on your individual needs and interests.
Why This Programme
- You will have access to the diverse collections and archives held at the University of Glasgow and collaborating institutions in the city
- The University can facilitate work placements and internships with organisations such as Historic Environment Scotland, the National Trust and the Hunterian Museum.
- Our collaboration with SUERC, a premier scientific dating facility, supports interested students developing their skills in the archaeological sciences.
- Our staff are engaged in a variety of innovative research projects (both in Scotland and abroad) and actively involve students in such projects.
Graduates will have a solid foundation of skills, knowledge, and understanding from which to pursue careers in universities, research institutes, government agencies, conservation charities, and private-sector professional practice. The course also prepares you to proceed to study for a PhD in Archaeology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Landscape Archaeologies
- Experiencing Landscape Heritage
- Remote Sensing in Archaeology
- GIS for Archaeological Projects
- Digital Pasts: Media & Games
- Archaeological Digital Imaging
- Mediterranean Landscapes
- Early Medieval Artefacts
- Viking and Late Norse British Isles
- Feasting like the Ancients
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesArchaeology History Ancient History View 136 other Masters in Archaeology in United Kingdom
- Entry requirements for postgraduate taught programmes are a 2.1 Honours degree or equivalent qualification (for example, GPA 3.0 or above) in a relevant subject unless otherwise specified.
- A copy (or copies) of your official degree certificate(s) (if you have already completed your degree)
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing full details of subjects studied and grades/marks obtained
- Official English translations of the certificate(s) and transcript(s)
- One reference letter on headed paper
- A copy of the photo page of your passport (Non-EU students only)
International18370 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18370 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8850 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Home and EU: Part-time fee: £983 per 20 credits
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.