Global society's current path is unsustainable. At the same time, exciting possibilities for new ways forward are emerging—ways that bring human activity into harmony with the greater social and ecological systems that support us, while building better lives for all. How do we change course to create this better future?
We become the leaders and change agents the world needs. We learn to understand our complex world better and to collaborate more strategically and systemically across borders, sectors, and disciplines. We transform the ways we think, plan, make, act, and lead in order to ‘co-create’ a vibrant, sustainable future.
Our invitation for you
Join us in a stimulating, multicultural and multidisciplinary setting to earn your Master's in Strategic Leadership towards Sustainability (MSLS) at Blekinge Institute of Technology . Strengthen and develop your personal and professional leadership capacities to navigate the complex sustainability challenge:
- Learn about science- and experience-based methodologies for leading the transition towards sustainability.
- Together with a highly diverse group of peers, practise your skills at effectively combining and using these collaborative, solutions-focused methodologies.
- Be welcomed into a supportive, global community of strategic leaders and change agents working across a broad variety of sectors.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The MSLS curriculum revolves around two integrated core themes
- Strategic Sustainable Development (SSD)
- Leading in Complexity (LiC)
Over the course of 10 months, students move through a spiral learning process focused on developing both theoretical understanding and practical experience of using SSD and LiC methodologies to enable and engage individuals, organizations, and institutions to take tangible steps towards sustainability.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 10 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Sustainable Development View 43 other Masters in Sustainable Development in Sweden
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants having a Bachelor degree, English 6 and relevant work experience (internship, volunteer service, full or part time work, extra-curricular activity) over the course of at least 6 months that demonstrates your experience with social and/or environmental sustainability.
- Specific eligibility in the English language from upper secondary school for non-Swedish students:
- TOEFL 575/90; IELTS 6.5 no section below 5.5, or University of Cambridge and Oxford tests.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9486 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9486 EUR per year and a duration of 10 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 10 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.