What's covered in the course?
We will provide you with a detailed understanding of the key theoretical and applied issues in health psychology. These include the key psychological theories and applications which support behaviour change, addressing disease prevention and enhancing health and wellbeing, managing health, health promotion and health interventions, and self-reflection on your own learning and development.Health Psychology is provided by Birmingham City University.
Contemporary health issues will be put into context at local, national and international levels, exposing you to issues which cover the globe as well as local areas.
You’ll be taught how to submit a research ethics proposal, which will address a health issue with the use of psychology. You will also learn how to complete a mini systematic review, which will provide a rationale for your health psychology project, and how to evaluate and conduct analysis. You will also enhance your skills in communication, presentation and group work.
Why Choose Us?
- We have academics who are active in contemporary cutting-edge applied health psychology research, which will be showcased on this programme and will inspire your research interests.
- Our academics are experts in their chosen field, and have first-hand experience of working in and researching in health settings. This underpin the syllabus where the application of health psychology to practice will also be showcased.
- The option to study either full-time or part-time means you can fit your studies in alongside your personal and work commitments.
- Face to face teaching will take place on campus. Independent study needs to be organised to ensure that you meet deadlines.
- This programme will provide you with assessment choices from selected options on most modules, as well as a flexible blended learning approach which has been put into place to suit various preferences and learning patterns.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Health Psychology over the Litespan
- Application of Health Psychology Models
- Applied Research Methods in Health Psychology
- Psychological Interventions and Behaviour Change
- Professional Development in Health Psychology
- Health Psychology Dissenation
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications will be considered at any time up until the course start date .
DisciplinesPsychology Educational Psychology View 103 other Masters in Educational Psychology in United Kingdom
This programme will require standard entrants to have a minimum of a Second Class Honours degree in Psychology.Applications will also be considered for interview from graduates that have a minimum of a 2:2 with honours and have covered psychology in a related subject area (Nursing, Public Health, Health and Social Care, Sociology, Education etc.). You are not required to have passed a Psychology conversion course prior to entry.Applicants will be expected to have covered the following which will be assessed if invited to interview:Research methods;Empirical project at a high standard;Covered psychology while studying a cognate discipline.
International12800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12800 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Part-time - Year 1 (80 credits)£3,800
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.