The students have the opportunity to learn real-life applications through an internship or capstone project.
MITB equips and empowers graduates and professionals with analytics and financial technology skills necessary to change the world today and tomorrow.
Why SMU MITB?
SMU is in an era of disruption where technology has levelled the playing field in some areas and created unfair advantages in others. This places an increasing demand on business leaders to lead with the relevant know-how.
Drawing from thought leadership in the ambits of data analytics, technological platforms and business strategies, the Master of IT in Business (MITB) programme delves into 3 specialisation tracks to choose from – Analytics, Financial Technology & Analytics, and Artificial Intelligence. Each of these tracks uniquely resources you to lead competently and decisively.
Upon graduation our students have found employment in some of the world's finest corporations including: Accenture, Amazon, Avaloq Asia Pacific, Bank Julius Baer, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Barclays Capital, Citibank, Clearing and Payment Systems, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, Facebook, GE Money Singapore, Google, Government of Singapore Investment Corporation, Grab, IBM, IHiS, Lenovo, McKinsey & Company, Noble Resources, OCBC, Shopee, Singapore Exchange Limited, Standard Chartered Bank, UOB Bank, Zalora and more.
- Digital Banking and FinThech
- Digital Transformation in Retail Banking Technology
- Analytics in Financial Markets Systems and Technology
- Corporate Banking Blockchain
- Digital Payments and Innovations
- Analytics Framework and Business Context
- Applied Statistical Analysis with R
The MITB programme is delivered by well-qualified faculty members whose cutting-edge research and deep consulting experiences form the bedrock for insights that guide your critical thinking and analytical skills. These faculty members are drawn from the School of Information Systems, School of Accountancy and the Lee Kong Chian School of Business within SMU.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
More informationGo to the official programme website
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Informatics & Information Sciences View 25 other Masters in Business Administration in Singapore
General requirementsCategory 1
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology or Electrical Engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in other relevant fields of study.
- For AI Track applicants: Students need to show coding project/artefacts to support their application (optional for Category 1 applicants).
- Preferably 2 years work experience in IT and/or operations related work experience in any industry; Analytical and Mathematically inclined.
- A valid GMAT/GRE score
International31762 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31762 USD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
National31762 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31762 USD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Check the official programme website for information about funding options.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.