As a student in Master of Arts in Global Society at Hong Kong Baptist University you will pursue and enhance your careers in urban, housing, land-use, and transport planning; cultural and leisure industries; environmental health research, consulting, and management; social, educational, community, and international development; politics, government, and leadership in civil society.
The programme will also be suitable for students wishing to pursue further academic development in Ph.D. programmes.
- To provide a rigorous and broad-based curriculum to appreciate and comprehend the nature of interdependent global society as a set of complex, multi-faceted connections and interrelated processes;
- To introduce students to key concepts, debates, and perspectives on global studies and global society, with critical and reflective appraisal of those from different canons and western and non-western perspectives;
- To equip students with a broad range of research methods including quantitative, qualitative, ethnographic, and interpretive, and the ability to discern between these methods;
- To empower students with the competencies for appreciating the ethical and value issues associated with global society, and for translating their own perspectives into professional practice;
- To prepare students for career paths in one of five areas of specialism, where specific knowledge combined with generic critical and analytical skills and a whole person outlook are important.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Concepts, Theories and Institutions of Global Studies
- Research Methods for Global Studies
- Debating Global Society
- Overseas Field Studies
- Urban Planning
- Urban Cultural Landscape
- Urban Development in China
- Sociological Issues in Urban and Regional Development
- Managing Change in Schools
- Socio-cultural Context of Human Development
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Geography Political Science View 3 other Masters in Geography in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants should hold a bachelor’s degree, or qualification of equivalent standard from a university or comparable institution;
- Obtained a degree from a university in Hong Kong or taken a degree programme of which the medium of instruction was English.
International14172 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14172 USD per year during 12 months.
National14172 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14172 USD per year during 12 months.
- HKD 130,000
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.