As China continues its rapid development, government officials, civil servants and administrators in both public and business sectors realise the need for better understanding in policy and public affairs at local, national and international levels.
The Public Administration (MPA) Programme from Hong Kong Baptist University offered by 3 faculties at HKBU along with Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (CASS) and Pace University (PU). HKBU has well-recognised faculty research projects and research centres working in areas related to several aspects of government policy and public affairs. It is also a university emphasising East-West interaction.
A comparative element in most of the courses enhances the uniqueness of the Programme and its usefulness to both public and private sectors. CASS's expertise in public affairs and law practice in the Mainland is also invaluable.
Programme AimsThe Programme is designed to accomplish the following objectives:
- To provide students with a solid foundation in public administration, such as in the Mainland and also from a comparative and global perspective
- To illustrate the relation to law, ethics and other aspects of the public affairs
- To develop students’ ability in the management of human resources, finance, sport and public amenities
- To enable students to become reflective and critical administrators with the ability to assess and respond to the changing needs of the society
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Public Administration and the Media
- Economics of Public Policy
- Finance and Accounting for the Public Sector
- Managing People in the Public Sector
- Globalisation and World Trade Organisation
- Law and Public Affairs
- Public Administration
- Research Methods for Public Administration Practitioners
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Public Administration View 46 other Masters in Business Administration in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- should hold a Bachelor's degree (in any discipline) from a recognized university or comparable institution; OR
- should possess a qualification deemed to be equivalent.
- Satisfy at least one of the following requirements on English Language Proficiency
International16105 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16105 USD per year during 12 months.
National16105 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16105 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.