As many international students still can not travel to Russia due to the global pandemic, the classes take place in the blended format (both on-campus and online). As soon as the travel restrictions are lifted, the classes will fully be held on-campus. ITMO University hopes to welcome all students in person in 2021-2022.
If you would you like to work on international research projects and meet the challenges of various professional fields, from Big Data storage and processing to analysis and forecasting of people’s behavior on social media, then the Big Data and Machine Learning from ITMO University is what you need.
The programme includes the following fields of study:
- creation of a scientific and technological base of modern distributed computing infrastructure for collection, storage, and processing of extremely large amounts of data with the use of Big Data technologies;
- development of methods, models and highly efficient algorithms for automatic knowledge extraction from data by machine learning and evolutionary computing;
- development of methods of formalization, structuring, aggregation, interpretation, and assimilation of knowledge extracted from extremely large amounts of data for decision support tasks.
During the studies, students will have a great opportunity to participate in various research projects carried out on the premises of ITMO’s eScience Research Institute. Moreover, students will do internships at leading world universities within ITMO University’s academic mobility programs.Career options:
Graduates will be able to work as research engineers, data analysis specialists, analysts and software developers in large research centers and innovative start-ups, as well as researchers in the leading international and Russian universities. Specialists in this field are in demand all around the world which is confirmed by successful cooperation with such major companies as Siemens, Gazprom, Rosneft, Smartech, BCC, MTS, Bank SPb, Mail.ru, Rasoft, etc.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Creative Tech 4 credits
- PM 4 credits
- Soft Skills 4 credits
- Data Processing & Analysis 3 credits
- Analysis & Dev of Algorithms 3 credits
- Quantum Informatics & Quantum Algorithms 3 credits
- Parallel Algorithms for Data Analysis & Synthesis 2 credits
- Research 9 credits
- Applied AI 3 credits
- High-Performance Computing 3 credits
- Methods & Models for Multivariate Data Analysis 4 credits
- Tech & Infrastructure for Big Data 6 credits
- Machine Learning for Industrial Data Processing 3 credits
- Data Visualization 3 credits
- Quantum Cognitive Tech of AI Systems 3 credits
- Research 9 credits
- Evolutionary Computing 6 credits
- Advanced Tech for Big Data 6 credits
- Discrete Modeling 6 credits
- Machine Learning and AI 6 credits
- Architecture of Neural Networks for Deep Learning 6 credits
- Dynamic Decision-Making Models 6 credits
- Modeling & Analysis of Socio-Economic Systems on Quantum Principles 6 credits
- Research & Internship 12 credits
- Internships & Thesis defense 30 credits
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Data Science & Big Data Machine Learning View 12 other Masters in Machine Learning in Russia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree in the field of computational science or equivalent, with excellent/good grades;
- CV & motivation letter;
- Upper-intermediate level of English
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2600 EUR per year during 24 months.
National2400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2400 EUR per year during 24 months.
- 214,000 rubles for Russian students.
- 234,000 rubles for international students.
Living costs for Saint Petersburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.