More than three quarters of your fellow students will come from abroad – and this very much leaves its mark on our course. Here, you will develop a set of skills that will equip you for the global challenges expected to face a graduate of health economics.
Alongside internationality and interdisciplinarity, this Master’s program includes a large practical component. You will spend six months working at a company as part of your internship.
The International Health Economics and Pharmacoeconomics program at Hochschule Fresenius University Of Applied Sciences is known and loved by specialists in the pharmaceutical and healthcare sector around the world and is ideal for natural scientists looking for a change of career. Become an expert in licensing processes and pricing. Gain the necessary qualifications for more senior roles at public authorities, institutes, or companies in the industry.
At around 75%, the proportion of international students is a defining characteristic of the study program. You will not only acquire the skills to meet the international requirements for qualified health economists, but also familiarize yourself with healthcare systems from many cultural areas and benefit from an intensive exchange of ideas with your fellow students.
With expertise in pharmacoeconomics and health economics, as well as methodological and strategic capabilities and an excellent knowledge of English, you will lay the foundations for your career in an international environment. Potential future positions include:
- Health Economics Specialist: Prepare cost-benefit analyses, develop studies, and formulate draft healthcare policies.
- International Market Access Manager: Prepare market strategies for various countries and operate at the interface between global market access and local market access.
- Pricing Manager: Set pricing for drugs and medical devices, monitor competitors, and take account of regional market conditions and legislation.
- Payer Relations Manager: Determine a product’s added value and defend it against different market players.
- Regulatory Affairs Expert: Assume responsibility for all regulatory matters.
This study program is recognized and accredited by the state.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Economics and Pharmacoeconomics
- Research and Statistical Skills
- Global Health Product Development and Regulations
- Economic Evaluation and Modeling Techniques
- Ethical Resource Allocation
- Healthcare Systems and Health Policy
- Strategic Management, Market Strategies, and Market Access
- International HTA Processes, Pricing, and Reimbursement
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesMarketing Pharmacy Health Management View 10 other Masters in Pharmacy in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students interested in joining this Master’s program in the Faculty of Economics & Media at Hochschule Fresenius must be able to provide evidence of an academic degree equivalent to 180 ECTS points. Applicants who have not yet completed their Bachelor’s degree must have attained 80% of the credits at the time of submitting their application. All remaining credits must be attained by enrollment at the latest.
- The Bachelor’s program must be completed with a grade of “good” or better. If the average grade does not meet this requirement, academic ability may be proven by means of a separate admissions test.
- Students’ first degree should demonstrate a background in the natural sciences, such as pharmacy, medicine, chemistry, biology, or nutrition.
Degrees in health economics, economics, medical technology, mathematics, or statistics will also be accepted.
International775 EUR/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 775 EUR per module and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA775 EUR/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 775 EUR per module and a duration of 24 months.
775,00 € monthly
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.