Edinburgh is a major centre for investment management with a long and proud history. The MSc in Investment Management provides key investment knowledge with a specific industry focus. A unique feature of the programme is the Current Topics in Investment Management course, where senior investment practitioners give weekly guest lectures, providing insight into the investment industry and allowing students to gain a real-life perspective on the knowledge and theories they are studying.
- Our MSc Investment Management programme from Heriot-Watt University is recognised as an affiliated degree by the Chartered Financial Analyst Institute (CFA®) through their University Affiliation Program.
- Heriot-Watt University opened its very own Bloomberg Trading Room in September 2018. Equipped with 12 state-of-the-art Bloomberg Terminals, this world-class facility provides opportunity to learn real-world financial skills.
- You will be able to gain a Bloomberg Certificate to show that you can use the industry-standard software which provides live financial data and trading tools to the world's leading banks and organisations.
- Capital Markets
- Current Topics in Investment Management
- Portfolio Management
- Research Methods
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Governance
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
National deadline is for Scottish and RUK students.
DisciplinesManagement Studies Banking and Investment View 183 other Masters in Banking and Investment in United Kingdom
A good Honours degree (first or second class), or its non-UK equivalent, in a relevant subject from a recognised British or overseas university.
- No investment management experience is required but some prior knowledge of finance and/or accounting would be an advantage.
International17304 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17304 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7776 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7776 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part time fees:
- UK/EU: £3,888
- Overseas: £8,652
Living costs for Edinburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.