- Develop the practical and theoretical knowledge you need to work in the fields of intelligence, security, emergency planning, crisis and disaster risk reduction and management in the UK and overseas
- Combine the knowledge and skills developed in an inter-disciplinary programme where social sciences, natural sciences and public and environmental health provide real-life solutions to real-life resilience issues
- Improve your skills as you engage with all aspects of emergency preparedness, resilience and response across a range of natural and man-made hazards, from terrorism and extreme weather events to public health and humanitarian crisis
- Wherever you are in your career, develop your professional focus and ability in emergency preparedness, resilience or response
- Combine theory and best practice as your learning includes practical multi-agency exercises, simulations and response structures across all emergency services.
- Emergency Planning Officers in private or public sector roles
- Crisis Management
- Risk Assessors
- Atomic and nuclear emergency response
- First responder services (Police, Fire and Ambulance Services)
- British Transport and Nuclear Police
- Civil Service
- Infrastructure Protection
- Business Continuity
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Independent Research Study
- During this triple module (60 credits) you will carry out an extensive and academically rigorous study of a topic of your choice relevant to any, or any combination of, the fields of intelligence, security, disaster and/or crisis management, risk reduction, response and/or resilience.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEmergency & Disaster Management Terrorism & Security View 120 other Masters in Terrorism & Security in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- An undergraduate degree (2:2 or above) in a social science subject (criminology, sociology, psychology, international relations, policing, criminal justice), natural sciences (including but not exclusive to geography, earth sciences) or health (across a range of programmes to be discussed with programme leader), business studies or economics.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14700 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
UK fee: £875 per 20 credits (Full-time/Part-time)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.