- Study an intellectually challenging course which fosters a deep-level understanding of how our justice and penal system works
- Benefit from the breadth and diversity of our academic expertise and our extensive professional links
- Explore issues of theoretical and social importance with our research-active teaching staff who are recognised authorities in their fields
- Keep up to date with latest policies, practices and debates so that you are better equipped to embark on a new career in the justice arena or to progress in your current working role
- Study full-time or part-time to suit your personal circumstances
This Criminal Justice and Criminology from University of Derby has been launched at a time when a process of swift and relentless change is transforming our justice system. This process aims to develop and sustain a high performing, efficient and effective criminal and community justice system which both benefits victims and rehabilitates those who offend.
This course leads to a valuable qualification if you are planning academic or research roles in criminology. It also provides an excellent stepping stone into professional careers in criminal justice or with any public, private and third sector agencies concerned with crime prevention and community safety.
If you are already working in the sector and studying on a part-time basis, the MSc will contribute to your ongoing professional development and provide a firm foundation for rapid career progression to more senior roles.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Criminological Frameworks
- Criminal Justice: Theory and Practice
- Applied Research in Criminal Justice Systems
- Global Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Criminal Justice: Practice and Management
- Concepts of Global Terrorism
- The Legal and Criminal Justice Context of Forensic and Criminal Psychology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesCriminal Law Criminology View 108 other Masters in Criminal Law in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
An undergraduate degree (2:2 or above) in criminology or a related subject. We also welcome applicants who have substantial and relevant professional experience but do not have a degree.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14700 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
UK/EU fee: £730 per 20 credits (Full-time/Part-time)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.