The Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree MaMaSelf programme from Adam Mickiewicz University Poznan covers fundamentals of Materials (structure and dynamics of condensed matter, and chemical, mechanical and physical properties of materials). MaMaSELF+ also proposes focus on energy related applications (energy conversion, storage and efficiency, nanomaterials, geomaterials, smart materials). One specific aim of the Mamaself program is to explain the application of "Large scale facilities" for the characterisation and development of materials.
The Master course’s structure consists in 3 semesters of classes plus a 4thsemester dedicated to a Master-thesis / internship in highly recognized European Universities in France, Germany, Italy and Poland.
Modern life and globalisation imply new and additional exigencies for scientists and scientific engineers in the field of scientific and industrial competitiveness. This holds specifically for the development of new technologies and new materials which are important key-products and which contribute to the technological and scientific competitiveness of highly industrialized countries. The characterisation of these materials and also the optimising of technologies strongly demand sophisticated methods, some of them uniquely available at "Large scale facilities” using neutrons or synchrotron radiation.The Master Mamaself’s objective is to train in a very multidisciplinary and international approach high-level students who will manage perfectly the scientific and technological aspects of the elaboration, the implementation, the control and the follow-up of materials, capable of fitting into the industrial environment as well as continuing with a PhD.
- Students can start Year 1 of their studies at any of the five partner universities. Semester 3 is offered at one the 5 other partner universities, while semester 4 can be undertaken in industry, at one of the consortium universities, at LSF or at any of the partner universities (in Japan, USA, Russian Federation, Brazil, India, Switzerland).
- The duration of the Mamaself Masters course is two years (120 ECTS credits). The academic program is split into two years with 60 ECTS credits for each. The language of instruction and examination is English.
- The student will stay one year in one institution and a second second in another institution. In respect of the Erasmus Mundus mobility rules, students must change country between Year 1 and Year 2. (It is not possible to stay the two years at the same site in Munich). It is possible to go back to one of the two first institutions for the 4th semester.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- The scholarship deadline for Non-European students is 10 February.
- The scholarship deadline for European students is 20 March.
DisciplinesPhysics Natural Sciences General Engineering & Technology View 12 other Masters in Physics in Poland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The selection comittee for Mamaself applications will take the following criteria into consideration for the selection of the Mamaself students :
- Very good study results
- Academic potential
- Level in English
- Internship or work experience
International6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Poznan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.