Graduates will, on successful completion of the programme, have entitlement to CAP1 exemptions from Chartered Accountants Ireland. Successful graduates also have exemption from LW, PM, TX, FR and FM of the ACCA professional examinations, and equivalent exemptions from other Accounting Bodies.
Graduates are very well placed to enter the work force as a trainee accountant with just two sets of professional exams required to complete to qualify as a chartered accountant. Successful graduates from the Professional Accounting programme at Maynooth University will have an option of enrolling for the 1-year Masters in Accounting at Maynooth University, the successful completion of which, will enable them to qualify for exemption from a further level of examinations (CAP 2) of Chartered Accountants Ireland.
While graduates are likely to be primarily focused on a professional accountancy qualification, our accounting programmes prepare students for a variety of careers both in the private and public sectors in every industry. Graduates are typically employed by the leading accounting firms. Career options also include accountant in industry, management consultant, regulatory agencies, NGO’s and Government services.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
On completion of the programme graduates will be able to:
- Understand the principles of financial accounting and the main business and accounting structures
- Understand and be able to apply the principles of double entry book–keeping
- Be able to prepare a set of accounts
- Understand the principles of financial management
- Have the knowledge and skills to deal with most routine issues in personal income tax and vat
- Have an understanding of the impact of law on business
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Accounting View 58 other Masters in Finance in Ireland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Open to students with a 2.2 undergraduate degree in any subject. No prior knowledge of accounting is required. Applicants must have a recognised degree which is considered equivalent to an Irish university primary degree level.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA6500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6500 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Maynooth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.