Small carbon based molecules are the building blocks of life and also for many modern materials like pharmaceuticals, plastics and biofuels.
A degree in organic chemistry could lead to uncovering and understanding pollution, developing new drugs, fuels or foods or even discovering new, more sustainable materials in the private, public or academic sectors.
Many students use our master’s programme as a stepping stone to a PhD in chemistry. The master’s in organic chemistry teaches you to become a researcher.
- A degree in Organic Chemistry from Stockholm University could lead to uncovering and understanding pollution, developing new drugs, fuels or foods or even discovering new, more sustainable materials in the private, public or academic sectors.
- Many students use our master’s programme as a stepping stone to a PhD in chemistry.
- Advanced Organic Synthesis
- Biological Structural Analysis
- Metallurgical Chemistry
- Advanced Organic Chemistry
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry Biochemistry View 24 other Masters in Biochemistry in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 90 ECTS credits in chemistry, including at least 20 ECTS in organic chemistry.
- Swedish upper secondary school course English B/English 6 or equivalent.
International13902 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27805 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- Applies to citizens from outside EU, EEA or Switzerland. First instalment: 70000 SEK. The complete programme: 280000 SEK.
Living costs for Stockholm
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.