The skills, knowledge and general competence you develop during this study are valuable in work life, both in the private and the public sector as well as in design research and further studies at PhD level.
Design has an essential role in the shift towards sustainable societies. Design is central in user oriented methods, and when consumption behaviour is relevant products plays and important role.
Challenges include increased populations, digitalisation of professional, social and private life.
These societal challenges demand professional designers that can comprehend and visualise the grand picture, define scopes for work, and develop pragmatic solutions in relation to different strategic levels. You therefore will do research and develop design solutions in micro and macro perspectives.
After completing this master's Product Design programme at Oslo Metropolitan University, you are qualified to work with design in a range of different fields.
Product designers are sought after for a wide range of positions both in the public and private sector nationally and internationally. Establishing a business, or progressing to PhD studies are also alternatives after graduation.
The courses in the programme are set to make you work with products and/or services in a user oriented, convincing and professional way.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Philosophy of Science and Design Research
- Design and Culture
- Sustainable Design Approaches
- Design for Experience
- Practical Training
- Strategies in Product Communication
- Visualizing Complexity
- Technology and Design
- A bachelor’s degree, or an equivalent degree, including in-depth study of subjects, topics or topic groups equivalent to at least 80 ECTS within the field of design.
- An average grade of at least C (according to the ECTS grading scale) on your bachelor's degree.
- A portfolio consisting of documented design works related to products, systems or services and a letter of motivation. The portfolio must demonstrate skills of visualisation and form development in a creative design process, the ability to define and analyse a design problem, general competence in using design methodology and design thinking, and the ability to demonstrate different holistic design solutions to a problem.
- English proficiency
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
The only cost of this programme is the semester fee of approximately 1000 NOK (101 EUR) and a materials fees of 2200 NOK (222 EUR) You pay both of these fees each semester of the programme. There are no tuition fees.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.