During the study period of the Geoenvironmental Resources and Risks course at the University of Camerino, the combination of theory, practice, fieldwork and laboratory activities, as well as the knowledge acquisition of experimental analytical methods and data statistical processing and modeling, will contribute to the cultural formation of the students. To specialize in the area of interest, up to 28 credits can be chosen to build up a personalized study plan, together with the thesis (30 credits) which requires a semester of independent experimental (field/lab) and theoretical work.
Time is also dedicated to the acquisition of interdisciplinary knowledge, especially important in addressing environmental issues (like groundwater pollution, disaster management, sustainable use of resources, effects of climate change) and transversal competences and skills (use of GIS at advanced level, specific software and programming codes). Practical workshops carried out by geologists working in various fields will help introducing the students to the professional world.
Program Learning Outcomes
There is a growing need for geologists all over the world who can face, using modern, quantitative and interdisciplinary technologies, the critical challenges of the Earth future, such as:
- ensure water quality and quantity
- identify and recover energy and mineral resources
- minimize the impact of natural hazards to help ensure safer, more resilient communities
- provide underground knowledge to build stable infrastructure
- monitor soil quality for a healthy environment and sustainable agriculture
- evaluate and mitigate the effects of climate change
- support a sustainable use of land and georesources
- understand the dynamics and evolution of the Earth and other planets
- analyze and help preserve our cultural heritage.
- Environmental chemistry
- Groundwater resources and hydrological hazard
- Advanced field geology
- Seismic hazard
- Volcanic hazard
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeology Natural Resource Management View 7 other Masters in Natural Resource Management in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor Degree that satisfies the requirements for access to University Master Degree courses, in the field of Geosciences, Geophysics, Environmental and Natural sciences, Civil/Environmental Engineering
- Level of language proficiency (strongly recommended): ENGLISH level B2 (Independent User)
Interviews and entrance tests will take place in the first week of October.
International456 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 456 EUR per year during 24 months.
- The first instalment of €356 (university tuition fees €200 + Region Fee €140 + Marca da Bollo €16).
- The second instalment of €100.
Living costs for Camerino
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.