You’ll use theories, methods and problem-based approaches that address real-world language issues.
The Master of Applied Linguistics at Massey University focuses on second-language acquisition and language use in an increasingly globalised and digitally mediated world.Explore areas such as contextually relevant teaching of languages, reflective practices to enhance teaching and learning, and the sociocultural demands of language learning and teaching.
- Second Language Learning Theories and Processes
- Contemporary Approaches to Language Teaching Methodology
- Contextualising Curriculum and Materials Design
- Current Issues in Applied Linguistics
- 18 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Linguistics View 43 other Masters in Language Studies in New Zealand
- A Bachelor degree with at least a B grade average across the 200-300 level courses AND
- At least one full-time year of relevant teaching experience (or equivalent)
- A Postgraduate Diploma in Second Language Teaching
- A Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Linguistics
International19445 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19445 USD per year and a duration of 18 months.
National4269 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4269 USD per year and a duration of 18 months.
- Domestic students: 6609 NZD
- International students: 30100 NZD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.