Highly focused, engaging and interactive, the UC Master of Imaging course will help you become proficient in diagnostic radiography graduating six months earlier – thus gaining a highly competitive advantage over other similar courses elsewhere.
Successful completion of the course will allow you to apply for registration to practice as a Diagnostic Radiographer from the Medical Radiation Practice Board of Australia (MRPBA) and you’ll be ready to forge ahead in your career as a competent and professional diagnostic radiographer.
The UC Master of Medical Imaging is an approved program of study by the Medical Radiation Practice Board of Australia (MRPBA) allowing graduates to gain registration as a diagnostic radiographer for employment in both public hospitals and private radiology practices in any state or territory in Australia and around the world.
The course is highly career-focused and includes ongoing Work Integrated Learning (WIL), offering specialised opportunities across multiple fields of diagnostic radiography, such as general radiography, mammography, angiography, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), computed tomography (CT) and medical ultrasound.
Study a Master of Medical Imaging at University of Canberra and you will:
- gain advanced knowledge of scientific principles and concepts of all medical imaging techniques
- operate diagnostic radiographic instrumentation to optimise image quality and minimise radiation dose or other potential patient hazards
- understand protocols and methods associated with diagnostic and interventional radiographic examination procedures
- learn anatomy, physiology, pathology, radiation protection, biology, and dosimetry relevant to diagnostic radiography
- become familiar with normal and abnormal imaging appearances within current diagnostic radiographic procedures
- understand the role of a diagnostic radiographer within the wider healthcare team in Australia and internationally
- work with patient information management systems.
A UC Master of Medical Imaging qualification is a globally recognised and respected degree that will allow graduates to progress competently and confidently into a career in any of the following positions:
- general radiographer
- magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) radiographer
- computed tomography (CT) radiographer
This course is accredited with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) through the Medical Radiation Practice Accreditation Committee (MRPAC), the accreditation committee of the Medical Radiation Practice Board of Australia (MRPBA). Graduating students will be eligible to apply for registration as a Diagnostic Radiographer with the MRPBA.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computed Tomography
- Imaging Anatomy
- Imaging Pathology
- Informatics and Image Processing
- Medical Imaging Project Design
- Medical Imaging Research Project
- MRS Practicum
- MRS Residency
- Physical Principles of MRS
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Sciences View 331 other Masters in Health Sciences in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- a completed bachelor degree in any discipline
- a minimum of two degree level units of anatomy and physiology.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International40000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 40000 AUD per year and a duration of 30 months.
National34500 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 34500 AUD per year and a duration of 30 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.