Business Intelligence and Analytics students at Universiti Teknologi Malaysia will acquire knowledge and skills in data manipulation and data analysis (especially in Big Data) which will enable students to perform as the experts in Business Intelligence or Data Science by designing and implementing analytical activities, in which will promote organizational transformation.
Learning outcomesThis academic programme (Business Intelligence and Analytics – BI&A) can be described as the Data Science for business, in which it introduces the importance of data in the business world by presenting the principals of data governance (overall management of the availability, usability, integrity, and security of the data employed in an enterprise), fundamental principles of data science, and techniques to extract necessary useful knowledge and business value from multiple sources of data. A survey by Gartner (CIO 2013) concludes that “BI&A was ranked as the CIOs’ number one technology priority; a position it has occupied in three of the last ﬁve years”. Thus, this academic programme will emphasize on the balance between Business Intelligence, Data Science and Big Data Analytics to produce highly capable Business Intelligence Analysts or Data Scientists.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Data Visualization and Interactive Design
- Advanced Interprise Information Systems
- Enterprise Architecture for Business Intelligence
- Issues in Business Intelligence and Analytics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesBusiness Intelligence & Analytics View 3 other Masters in Business Intelligence & Analytics in Malaysia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor degree in (computer science, information technology (IT), maths & science based) i.e BSc, B.Eng etc
- UTM Undergraduates with CGPA ≥ 3.00 or others (accredited by MQA) CGPA ≥ 3.00
- B.Sc holder in IT related field
- Full-filled pre-requisite subjects (refer to table curriculum structure)
- Relevant working experience (if CGPA less than 3.0) with Computer Science, IT, business intelligence, data science or data analytics.
- Transferred credit (based on UTM transferred credit regulation)
International10314 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5157 EUR per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National4486 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2243 EUR per semester and a duration of 12 months.
- National: 10.600 MYR
- International: 24.500 MYR
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.