Architecture program at University of Portsmouth – which leads to the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) and Architects Registration Board (ARB) Part 2 exemption – you’ll learn the professional and creative skills needed for a successful architectural career.
You’ll unpack architectural topics such as urbanism, landscape, sustainability and culture, and learn to put your knowledge and skills into practice as you pursue your ambition to become a qualified architect.
What you'll experience
On this Architecture degree course, you’ll:
- develop the creative and professional abilities needed for a practicing architect
- engage in collaborative projects
- get the opportunity to study at a range of European universities through the ERASMUS+ exchange scheme (full time students, MArch Year 1)
Careers and opportunities
When you finish the course, our Careers and Employability service can help you find a job that puts your skills to work in the industry.
The skills you'll develop on this course, will open doors to exciting careers in professional and creative careers, and put you one step closer to becoming a registered architect.
After you leave the University, you can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from our Careers and Employability service as you advance in your career.
This course is professionally accredited by the Architects Registration Board (ARB) and the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Architectural Design: Strategy
- Architectural Design: Synthesis
- Techne – technical environmental and professional practice and management
- Arche – theoretical context
- Thesis Dissertation
- Thesis Preparation
- Thesis Design
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesArchitecture View 265 other Masters in Architecture in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A 2:2 honours degree with RIBA Part 1 exemption, or equivalent.
- Applicants would preferably have a year of professional, relevant experience.
- An online portfolio submission and/or interview may be required as part of the selection process.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14300 GBP per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 24 months.
- UK/EU/Channel Islands and Isle of Man students: Part time: £3,080 per year
- International students: Part time: £7,150 per year
Living costs for Portsmouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.