It combines a strong educational element with a focus on Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL). The design of the Education Studies and Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) course at University of Stirling also makes it suitable if you want to teach subjects other than English.
You’ll graduate with a solid grounding in the principles of language learning and teaching, as well as an understanding of research methods in TESOL. During your studies, you’ll be taught by TESOL professionals who have experience of working all over the world, as well as visiting local schools to learn about the pastoral role of teachers – particularly in relation to issues of difference, diversity and inclusion.
Whether you’re planning to teach in a local or international school, our Education Studies and TESOL degree will give you a broader understanding of educational theory and practice that will help you better engage with students from a wide range of backgrounds.
At the University of Stirling, we’re committed to enhancing your employability. Once you register for the MSc Education Studies and TESOL course, you’ll have access to the first-class range of services offered by our Career Development Centre, which you can use even after your graduate.
We also run a tailored workshop series entitled “My career in TESOL” aimed at developing your awareness of continuous professional development, your knowledge of job market requirements and your confidence in applying for jobs.
- Open the door to teaching opportunities worldwide
- Gain transferrable skills in educational theory and practice
- Learn skills that can be applied in teaching a wide range of subjects
More informationVisit official programme website
- Principles of Language Learning and Teaching
- Nature of Educational Enquiry
- TESOL Methodology
- Teaching English to Young Learners
- Grammar for TESOL
- Introduction to Computer Assisted Language Learning
- Research Methods in TESOL
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Language Studies Teaching View 335 other Masters in Teaching in United Kingdom
- A minimum of a second class honours degree (2.1 preferred) or equivalent in a relevant subject. Applicants without these formal qualifications but with significant appropriate/relevant work/life experience are encouraged to apply.
- You’ll also need to demonstrate familiarity with the school context from a professional point of view, either through having a year’s teaching experience or having taken a teaching degree in your home country.
International16950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16950 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.