Our environment is constantly changing. Humans and nature must adapt – be it due to an increase in greenhouse gases, competing new land uses, dwindling biodiversity or rapid urbanization.
Postgraduates studying Environmental Planning at the TU Berlin will learn to meet the challenges posed by a fast changing world and environment. This is achieved by the degree program’s interdisciplinary approach and also by multifaceted cooperations with partners from the public and private sector. Furthermore, the program teaches a cross-section of skills essential to environmental planners including ecological, creative, social engineering, and planning know-how. This allows students to develop competences in landscape planning, environmental assessment, nature and biodiversity conservation, environmental economics, remote sensing, and in handling geographic information systems.
The Environmental Planning programme from TU Berlin puts a strong focus on two study projects, each of them lasting one term. Innovative planning or research problems are addressed in small groups. In these projects, students not only gain technical expertise, but are also given the opportunity to further develop their time management, communicative and analytical skills. Our Masters in Environmental Planning provides for an innovative and stringent program. The balance between structural guidelines and a broad range of elective courses encourages personal development.
- Economic Analysis of Environmental Policies
- Impact Assessment and the Mitigation Sequence - Concepts, Cases, Convergence
- Geoinformation Systems
- Landscape Planning
- Project Environmental Planning
- Analyzing International Environmental Policy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Management Ecology View 20 other Masters in Environmental Management in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The formal admission requirement for the consecutive master’s program in Environmental Planning is a first university degree in ecology and environmental planning, ecology, environmental planning, landscape planning, landscape architecture, urban and regional planning, geography (with a focus on physical geography and geographic information systems), environmental sciences, ecology/nature conservation, urban space planning, environmental policies, or a closely related subject
- The Environmental Planning master’s program is taught in English. Applicants are therefore required to provide proof of English skills at CEFR level C1 or equivalent. Proof of German skills is not required. Foreign applicants are advised to acquire basic German skills, however, before beginning the study program.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- €307.54 - semester fees
Living costs for Berlin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.