More specifically, the Arbitration and Dispute Resolution programme at City University of Hong Kong aims to:
- provide legal and general knowledge of arbitration and other methods of resolving disputes, as well as practical skills in relation to the process, to professionals, executives and others with existing expertise in a broad range of professional, industrial and commercial activities;
- acquaint graduates with the various kinds of arbitration and dispute resolution, to enable them to participate effectively in all capacities: as a party, as advocate, as expert and as arbitrator and mediator. However, students are reminded that:
not all graduates can expect to become arbitrators or mediators and the programme does not assure graduates of appointments, and
it is not an objective of the programme to train barristers or to provide training in advocacy skills at a level equivalent to that required of a professional advocate.
- assist students to obtain relevant professional qualifications.
Did You Know?The Goff Lecture series was inaugurated by City University of Hong Kong in 1990. Lord Goff of Chieveley, then Lord of Appeal, initiated the series. He has been followed by an illustrious list of some of the world’s most renowned experts in the field.The Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot is a competition for law students. Students from all countries are eligible and the Finals take place in Vienna, Austria. The Moot involves a dispute arising out of a contract of sale of goods between two countries that are parties to the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. CityU hosts the annual Willem C. Vis (East) International Commercial Arbitration Moot in Hong Kong.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Legal Concepts;
- Commercial Contracts;
- Procedure & Proof;
- Dispute Resolution in Theory & Practice;
- Mediation Practice;
- Arbitration Law;
- Arbitration Practice & Award Writing
- 12 months
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
Applications are processed on a rolling basis. Review of applications will start before the deadline and continue until all places are filled.
DisciplinesInternational Law Public Law Business Law View 14 other Masters in International Law in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To be eligible for consideration for admission,an applicant must satisfy the General Entrance Requirements and have:
- a university degree from a recognized university or equivalent qualifications (e.g. AHKIArb).
International670 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 670 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National670 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 670 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
- HK$5,200 per credit
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.