During the Transnational Organised Crime program offered by Staffordshire University you’ll examine the recent emergence of transnational organised crime, its historical precedents at a global level and law enforcement responses. You’ll consider how Transnational Organised Crime is represented by the media.
You’ll study contemporary global issues such as drug and human trafficking, international terrorism, illegal arms trading and financial crime through the lens of critical criminology.
You’ll study unique topics, taking a critical perspective and work with our experts in sociology and criminology.
Employability is embedded throughout the course and you’ll have the opportunity to undertake a dissertation project within your place of work or volunteer within an organisation, business or government department relating to the issues covered on the MA course.
- National Crime Agency (NCA)
- Armed Forces
- Policing professions tackling transnational organised crime
- Banking sectors tackling financial fraud and compliance, and financial and white-collar crimes
- NGOs supporting victims of trafficking
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Crimes of the Powerful: Corporate, White Collar and Financial Crime
- Postgraduate Disseration
- Researching Transnational Justice and Organised Crime
- Trafficking: The Illegal Trade in People, Goods and Services
- Understanding and Tackling Domestic Organised Crime
- 13 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
The earlier you apply, the better.
DisciplinesInternational Relations Terrorism & Security View 422 other Masters in International Relations in United Kingdom
- You’ll normally be expected to hold a relevant honours degree with at least a 2:1 from a recognised university or body.
- If you have an undergraduate degree in Sociology, Criminology or a related discipline you will be eligible to apply for this course.
- If students do not have the required qualification but have professional experience, we would encourage you to apply as we consider all applications on their individual merit.
International7246 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7850 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 13 months.
EU/EEA7246 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7850 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 13 months.
- Part-Time: £2,610 per year of study
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.