Genetics and Genomics from University of Nottingham is bespoke to you, however, our supervisors can provide projects in many areas of current interest in genetics and genomics, ranging from fundamental questions in cell biology to variation and disease in humans.
Whether you are considering a career in academia, industry or haven't yet decided, we’re here to support you every step of the way.
Expert staff will work with you to explore PhD career options and apply for vacancies, develop your interview skills and meet employers. You can book a one-to-one appointment, take an online course or attend a workshop.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Research within the school on ecological and evolutionary aspects of genetics includes:
- research on population genetics and genome evolution
- understanding the genetic basis of left-right body asymmetry
- analysis of diversity and endosymbiont infection in spiders
- genetics of colour polymorphism in ladybirds
- phylogenetic analysis of adaptive radiations in snails
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
International students should apply as early as possible.
DisciplinesBiology Health Sciences Genetics View 346 other Masters in Biology in United Kingdom
- Undergraduate degree of at least 2:2 or equivalent.
- International and EU equivalents. We accept a wide range of qualifications from all over the world.
- A research proposal is required. This should be worked on with your proposed supervisor.
- You should have 2 references with at least one of them being an academic reference.
- English language requirements
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
International fees are charged as follows: low-cost research – £20,000, laboratory-based research – £26,500, high cost labortory-based research – £31,500, exceptional technically-intensive/specialised research projects with high consumable costs – £36,000.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.